Thursday, October 14, 2010

Manuella Leroueil, youngest of "crazy"
(My type of girl)

Leroueil Manuella, 24, will be the youngest participant of the Grand Raid 2010, also known as Diagonal of Fools. Indeed, with 156 kilometers of trails around the island and 9,000 meters in altitude, the Grand Raid, which takes place this year from October 21 to 23 is considered as a very difficult time.

At the age of 10 years that the young woman had a passion for running. "I've always loved the sport," she says. At 14, she began to compete on road to cross. She won some prizes. She continues to practice this sport "first and foremost passion."

She arrived in Reunion in 2007 to work as a fitness instructor. His interest in the Great Raid was born in 2009. "Many friends attended the event. So I followed their path. The idea to participate had already crossed my mind but my job limited my availability to train, "she recalls. Never mind if it is not on the start line of the Grand Raid 2009, it will be for the 2010 edition. It then binds to a single goal, to prepare for this inevitable event sports on the island.

In September 2009, she enrolled at the Athletics Club of Possession to participate in trails. "This kind of test allows to assess and train," she says. His profession of fitness allows him to prepare physically every day. She also performs reconnaissance on the route of the Grand Raid every 15 days. "With friends, we start walking at the weekend. It may be small output of 6 or 7 hours or large output exceeding 10 hours, "said Manual Leroueil. A week before the competition begins, the young woman said "ready" for the race and was "eager" to start.

Still, she admits to being apprehensive. "It's stress mixed with envy but also to doubts," she describes. Doubts, "because we are never sure of finishing the test," she says. "It may take a lot of things," said Manuel. She is not afraid of strokes or injuries but "feeding problems and the race on the night of Friday to Saturday." "I do not know at all how it's going to happen," she says.

But not enough to discourage the young athlete who sets a target to cross the finish line at the stage of the Redoubt on Saturday night. "If I come forward, that is happiness. If I arrive on Sunday, I will not complain, "she said, smiling. She continues: "For a year, I am prepared for the Great Raid. I'm a Gambler in the soul. Do not cross the finish line would be a huge disappointment. "

Especially since this is the first and perhaps last appearance Manuella. "To prepare for this test requires a huge investment. My job as fitness instructor does not permit me. I'm able to combine energy and recovery. It's very difficult when participating in the Great Raid. " But never say never and manual is well aware "there are many people who say it is their last call and cover the following year. Maybe this will be my case next year, "she concludes.

Mounic Najafaly for www.ipreunion.com

No comments:

Post a Comment